Nepal: Festival of Colors HOLI and Himalayas
March 7 – 21, 2020
JOIN our unforgettable 2-week adventure in magical Nepal! We’re going to celebrate the Festival of colors Holi together with the locals, hike the Himalayas among blooming Rhododendrons, stay at local tea houses and homestays, learn about different Nepali ethnicities, visit Buddhist and Hindu temples and services, vroom-vroom on bikes around Kathmandu, chill out by a campfire by the lake, get high on altitude and masala tea, and what not!
Our commitment is to create an experience, that will transform your life and will be THE MOST memorable adventure of your lifetime. Stakes are high 🙂
HOLI – Festival of Colors – is a Hindu festival, mainly celebrated in India and Nepal. It symbolizes the victory of good over evil, the arrival of spring, time to play, laugh, get together, forget and forgive and celebrate!
RHODODENDRONS are the national flowers of Nepal, known for their colorful blossom. They bloom in March-April – and we will trek the Himalayas among them!
March 7th, Sunday – arrivals
March 8th, Monday – Kathmandu Tour! Visiting Kathmandu’s landmarks, incl. Buddhist and Hindu temples, the only in the world living Goddess Kumari, etc. We promise it will be fun!
Today’s International Women’s day -. as an option we can all go to an event called TraveYeller organized by Girls Empowered by Travel. At the event travelers will share their stories, inspiring and empowering Nepali youth to travel and explore. You can be a speaker too – let me know;)
March 9, Tuesday — celebrating HOLI
Momo and banana lassi party. Who wants to join momo eating competition?:)
March 10, Wednesday – bus to Pokhara
March 11 – 18, Friday – Thursday – trekking among Rhododendrons in the Annapurna mountain range, following paths less traveled, staying at family homestays, learning about Gurung culture
Highlight will be the gorgeous high altitude Khayer Lake (4660m/ 15,300ft)
Day-by-day Hike Breakdown:
March 11, Thursday – Starting the hike!
4-hour jeep ride to Ghandruk (1940m/ 6365 ft)
We will stay in this Gurung village with a panoramic view, visit a small monastery and do an acclimatization hike
March 12, Fri – hike to Meshar (2,969m/ 9740 ft), approx 7 hours
Pretty challenging day, splendid views!
March 13, Sat – hike to Bayeli (3,432m/ 11,260ft)
On the way we do an acclimatization hike – 7 hrs total
March 14, Sunday – from here we go to Khopra ridge, hike to Khopra Danda (3660m/ 12,000ft), 7hrs
March 15, Monday – THE day:) Hiking to the sacred Hindu Khopra Lake (Khayer lake) (4,640m/ 15,200ft)
5-6 hrs going up, 3 hrs down
We will need spikes and gators, but we will all go up as a team, so don’t worry, we all make it! Would you also dare to swim in this lake?:)
March 16, Tue – Hike to Chitre (2,390m/ 7840 ft)
March 17, Wed – Hike to Sabeth (1450m/ 5760 ft), a traditional Gurung village. We will stay in family homestays/ enjoy getting to know Gurung community/ culture/ dancing.
March 18, Thu – half day stay at Gurung homestays/ village.
1 hr hike to Tikledhungga, 4 hr jeep ride back to Pokhara
March 19, Friday – day in Pokhara
Boat ride on the quaint Fewa lake
We also recommend you try paragliding (not included)
Romantic farewell dinner
March 20, Saturday – Bus to Kathmandu
Free time in Kathmandu (time to do your Nepali shopping)
March 21, Sunday – Departures
This is a very brief and dry outline of the program. Please be assured there will be a lot of surprises, amazing details, most fun/ professional team with the most contagious laugh and ideas, and MORE!
Be ready to have your life TRANSFORMED! Because the Himalayas… that’s what they do!
PROGRAM COST: please message us at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
– Airport pickup and drop off
– Accommodation for 14 nights (2 people per room)
– Welcome and farewell dinners
– Colors for Holi celebration
– Traditional white kurthas for ladies and white shirts for guys for Holi celebration
– Signature Adventure Travelz t-shirt (good for trekking)
– Momo and Banana Lassi party
– Taxi to and from the momo party
– City guide
– Motorbike with a driver during the vroom-vroom Kathmandu tour (one per person)
– Entrance tickets to the landmarks in Kathmandu (i.e. Durbar Square, Pashupatinath, etc.)
– Trekking guide and assistant guide;
– Trekking permit
– Governmental VAT (required)
– Food during the hike (breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea)
– Bus tickets/ jeep rentals, associated with the hike
– Bus to/from Pokhara
– 2-hour boat ride in Pokhara on Fewa lake
– Little welcome and farewell gifts
– preparation support/ consultations
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
– Airfare to Kathmandu
– Travel/ health insurance (required)
– Visa to Nepal (on arrival)
– Your trekking clothes and equipment
– Food in Kathmandu and Pokhara (except for breakfasts in hotels, welcome/ farewell/ momo & lassi parties)
– anything extra during the hike (extra snacks, drinks, some places charge for hot showers, etc)
– Your personal porter if you choose to hire one for the trek to carry your backpack (not recommended)
– tips to our city and trekking guide
With any questions please write us at email@example.com
NEPAL: INDIGENOUS TRAILS AND THE FESTIVAL OF LIGHTS
Oct-Nov, 2018 and Oct-Nov 2019.
We explored the off-beaten track parts of the Tamang Heritage Trail in Langtang area, Himalayas and celebrated the multi-day long Festival of Lights. Detailed program is here.